Make An Appointment
For emergency Case
Booking A visit
Muscular Dystrophy - Treatment with Global Stem Cell Care
Muscular dystrophy is an inherited muscular disease. Particularly in this condition, the muscle fibers get damaged, and this condition is a progressive one.
In this condition, the muscles get weak, and there is also a loss of muscle mass. The main cause of this condition is abnormal genes that cause muscle degeneration.
Right from childhood, this condition starts to form, and from then on, the muscles continue to get weaker and weaker. In the extreme conditions of this disease, the patient’s muscle might get so damaged that a wheelchair will be required for movement.
Stem cell muscular dystrophy treatment in Delhi can be one of the most effective and affordable treatment options for people who are looking to treat their condition.
Stem Cell Treatment for Muscular Dystrophy in India
Muscular dystrophy is a type of inherited disorder that can be the reason for muscle weakness and atrophy. There are nine main types of muscular dystrophy, some with subtypes. Muscular dystrophy symptoms are similar in all varieties. Each type of MD causes weakness and degeneration of the muscles involved in voluntary movements, such as walking.
With stem cell muscular dystrophy treatment in Delhi, this condition’s symptoms can be improved, and discomfort can be reduced. Correct diagnosis and treatment are initiated by the medical team of Global Stem Cell Care.
Do you know about Muscular Dystrophy
Muscle dystrophy is one of the major inherited diseases in which the muscles tend to become weak over time. Particularly, in this condition, the muscles become weak, and even the muscles of the heart and other organs become weak.
The different types of muscular dystrophy are Myotonic, Duchenne, Becker, Limb-girdle, Facioscapulohumeral, Congenital, Oculopharyngeal, Distal, and Emery-Dreifuss.
The major effect of this condition is on the muscles, and it is an inherited genetic mistake that does not allow developing a protein in the body that plays an important role in building muscle strength.
The children who are born with this condition do not show any symptoms in the first few years of life, but then suddenly the symptoms such as walking problems, difficulty in raising the foot, and falling might show up.
The condition in the children becomes more prominent, and the muscles continue to become weak. They might also lose the ability to sit, walk, or to lift objects. The serious effect of this condition might show up n the muscles of the heart and other organs, which might cause breathing problems. In all the different muscular dystrophy, the weakness of muscles is common. Through stem cell Treatment for Muscular Dystrophy in India by Global Stem Cell Care, it is possible to treat this condition.
Symptoms of Muscular Dystrophy
The condition of muscular dystrophy is the weakness in the muscles, which is caused due to the genes of a person. It is vital to the symptoms of this condition so that they can be identified at the earliest and proper treatment can be started to stop the degeneration of the muscles.
The following are the symptoms of Muscular Dystrophy:
- Problem in standing, lying down, sitting, breathing, walking, and falling
- Weakness of muscles in hips and legs
- Suffering from breathing problems, learning problems, and behavior problems
- Child walking on toes and frequent falls
Global Stem Cell Care provides an accurate diagnosis of muscular dystrophy and is also a trusted hospital when searching for stem cell Treatment for Muscular Dystrophy in India. The doctors ensure that a proper examination is done of the patient so that the treatment can be done effectively. The main focus of the doctors is on the family medical history, test reports, and physical exams.
The following are the tests that are performed by the doctors for the diagnosis:
- A muscle biopsy (the removal and examination of a small sample of muscle tissue)
- DNA (genetic) testing
- Electromyography or nerve conduction tests (which uses electrodes to test muscle and/or nerve function)
- Blood enzyme tests (to look for the presence of creatine
- Kinase, which reveals deterioration of muscle fibers)
- Periodic falls
- Pain in muscles
- Massive calf muscle
- Delayed growth
- Wadding gait
- Constant fall
- Large calf muscle
- Learning disabilities
- Stiffness and muscle pain
- Tardy milestone
- Walking on the toes
- Frequent stiffness of muscle
- Pain in the face and neck muscles
- Learning illness
- Bowing eyelids
- Swanlike necks
- Thin, long faces
- Facial muscle weakness
- Muscle stiffness and pain
- Sagging eyelids
- Atypical appearance of shoulder blade muscles
- Liberal destruction in hip muscles
- Decrease efficiency in heart muscles
- Muscles of hip/shoulder are affected
- Muscle stiffness
- Perpetual fall
- Difficulty in lifting the toe part of the legs
- Muscle pain and discomfort
There are numerous causes of muscular dystrophy; the significant ones of them are as follows:
- Familial Inheritance of the condition.
- Gene mutations that occur spontaneously.
- Due to intimate relation-linked (X-linked) disorder.
- Gender and Age-based developments
- Environmental Factors
- Protein Deficiency
Hyperbaric Oxygen TherapyThis is the medical use of oxygen at an upper level than atmospheric pressure. The equipment necessary comprises a pressure chamber, which might be of rigid or flexible construction and a means of supplying 100% oxygen into the respiratory system. Published research shows that HBOT upsurges the lifetime of stem cells after inoculation and offers an oxygen-rich atmosphere for the body to function optimally.
Occupational TherapyStem cell muscular dystrophy treatment combined with OT focuses on daily activity to help those with muscular dystrophy become more independent, gain access to community services and improve coping skills.
PhysiotherapyThis is a physical medicine and rehabilitation speciality that, by using mechanical force and actions, remediates damages and promotes flexibility, function, and quality of life via examination, diagnosis, prognosis, and physical intervention.
Speech TherapyIt helps conserve muscle strength by integrating specific techniques like shower speech, pausing between breaths, etc.
Dietary ModificationAt Global Stem Cell Care, dieticians are highly trained to create customised meal plans that cater to each patient’s needs, likes, and food preferences. This is necessary for our patients' wellness because it considers everything from their medical history to possible allergies. However, we understand that sometimes what may be good for you diet-wise isn’t necessarily feasible from a time or budget point of view, so our dieticians try to get you started on a healthy meal plan that is as convenient as possible.
Corticosteroid Drug TreatmentThis supportive therapy along with the stem cell muscular dystrophy treatment helps our patients to strengthen muscle functions and promotes slow muscle deterioration.
Ava Stone’s success story of muscular dystrophy treatment
I am Ava from Britain, and I contacted to stem cell care India team for muscular dystrophy after searching online about stem cell therapy. Management provided me with all the...
Samaira Bose came to India for the treatment of muscular dystrophy
Hi, I am Samira, and I live in Qatar with my family. I have suffered muscular dystrophy for the last 4 years. After some time, I observed that I couldn't...
Michael Smith came to India for stem cell treatment to treat muscular dystrophy
Hi, I am Michael Smith. After researching and searching online about stem cell therapy, I contacted the Global Stem Cell Care team to treat muscular dystrophy. Management provided me with...
Banita Sharma from London visited India for the treatment of muscular dystrophy via stem cells
I am Banita Sharma from London, and I was detected with muscular dystrophy a few years back. I decided to opt for stem cell treatment via Global Stem Cell Care....
- The main stage of stem cell Treatment for Muscular Dystrophy is the implantation stage in which the stem cells are implanted into the patients. After the successful implantation of the stem cells, the regeneration process begins in the body that helps to provide relief to the patient.
- The Mesenchymal Stem Cells are used for the stem cell treatment of muscular dystrophy.
- The stem cells are implanted in the body of the patient through the method of infusion that is chosen by the doctor. After the implantation process, the doctors make sure that the patients get the after care and medical support.
The following is the structure that is followed during the implantation stage:
Mesenchymal Stem Cells (MSC) can help boot out the disease symptoms via the following mechanisms, centered on their distinctively different characteristics:
- MSCs can result in skeletal muscle regeneration. MSCs transplantation might improve patients’ clinical symptoms via defective gene correction and muscle cell regeneration.
- MSCs results in an apparent therapeutic advantage in disease models via their immunomodulatory effect, another underlying mechanism of Mesenchymal Stem Cells (MSCs) for treating Muscular Dystrophy (MD).
- MSCs have myotube generation and dystrophic expression potentials resulting in muscle strength upsurge in patients.
Get Stem Cell Treatment for Muscular Dystrophy
- For Muscular Dystrophy, stem cell Treatment for Muscular Dystrophy has proven to be really effective and successful.
- Stem Cell Therapy is very promising for treating Muscular Dystrophy as Stem Cells have specific immunologic properties that help to treat this condition. It is not only a safe treatment methodology, but it is very effective.
- The stem cells help to repair the neural tissues that are affected by the patient. The treatment also helps in cell differentiation, tissue repair, and inflammation gets reduced.
How Global Stem Cell Care Therapy Works ?
The working of stem cell Treatment for Muscular Dystrophy is vital to understand as many people are not aware of how effective
stem cell therapy can be to stop this condition from deteriorating. Through stem cell treatment, the condition of the patient gets improved as the transplanted
stem cells have myogenic potential. By this treatment, stem cells help to repair and regenerate the muscle fibers that have been damaged.
For the treatment of this condition, the stem cells used are Mesenchymal Stem Cells that work to repair and renew
the nerve cells that help improve the symptoms.
VIP Treatment to Patients at Global Stem Cell Care
- The therapy sessions given to the patients at Global Stem Cell Care occur in the VIP treatment room in the advanced clinic.
- 24*7 supervision is maintained on the patients by the efficient medical team.
- Global Stem Cell Care highly recommends the patients stay for a minimum of 3 days in Hospital.
Global Stem Cell care Treatment Procedure
The treatments that take place in Global Stem Cell Care are of 3 days. The treatment protocol is safe and non-invasive. The patients can travel the next day. The following is the day-wise schedule for the patients.
- Pick up from the Airport to the Hospital
- Interaction between Dr and Patient, to clear all their doubts at that time
- Admission procedure
- Clinical examination & Lab test will be done prescribed by the doctor
- Supportive Therapy
- Stem cell Procedure
- Supportive therapies
- Supportive Therapy
- Discharging formalities
- Drop back to the Airport
- For Admission, carry the identity card (Passport/ Pan Card / Driving License)
- Carry the hard copy of Patient reports
Read Latest Blogs for Muscular Dystrophy
What to Expect from Stem Cell Treatment for Muscular Dystrophy?
The stem cell treatment for Muscular Dystrophy really helps the patients to recover from this condition. The treatment procedures provided by Global Stem Cell Treatment have no side effects, and they provide healing and positive results to the patients.
The best of medical facilities and treatment is given to Global Stem Cell Care patients. The majority of the patients show remarkable improvements in their condition.
For more than ten years, Global Stem Cell Care has been healing patients and increasing their quality of life.
In various patients, the effects of the treatment vary due to different biological factors. The Global Stem Cell Care patients get the quality services as there is a protocol that is followed by the team of Global Stem Cell Care that includes testing for the inflammation developing factors before the treatment commences.
The testing is done during the treatment also. Research is being done on the efficacy of Allogeneic Stem Cell Therapy, and for that, the data is required for future prognosis to know the treatment after-effects on the patient.
- Increased muscle mass and muscle strength
- Improved balance in body and reduction in stiffness of muscles
- Range of movement gets increased and less tremor in the body
Global Stem Cell Care provides the best stem cell therapy for muscular dystrophy. This treatment provides a healing process and growth in the muscles of the patient. There are many improvements that take place in the body of the patient.
The following are the improvements that take place in the body of the patient:
Follow Up Follow Up
Effective follow-up and aftercare process are done at Global Stem Cell Care after the treatment of Muscular Dystrophy. The patient’s aftercare process is a very important part of the treatment, and it is done at regular intervals.
The condition of the patient is assessed, and the symptoms in the patient are assessed effectively. Proper assistance is provided to the patients to ensure that they heal effectively.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder.
Yes, stem cell treatment helps to treat muscular dystrophy as it helps to build up muscle strength.
The stem cells that are used for the treatment of Muscular Dystrophy is allogeneic Mesenchymal stem cells, funiculus blood-derived stem cells, autologous bone marrow, and fat-derived stem cells.