Make An Appointment
For emergency Case
Booking A visit
Treatment for Spinal Muscular Atrophy
Spinal Muscular Atrophy is said to be genetic condition that can be treated through stem cell therapy. Since many years there was no treatment available for this condition, but through the innovation in the field of medical science of stem cell treatment, the treatment for Spinal Muscular Atrophy is possible.
Global Stem Cell Care provides the best treatment for this genetic condition. They have a team of specialized doctors who have been treating patients for years. Being a hereditary disease, there is no major cause of this condition.
Due to the loss of nerve cells responsible for movement in the patient’s body, this condition occurs. It is very important to take the right treatment for this condition. In the patient’s body, the motor neurons get affected, which hampers the movement.
It is a rare genetic disorder that is found in babies. The patient does not have the power to control the muscles of the body. The legs become weak, and in most cases, the full body of the patient becomes weak.
Do You Know About Spinal Muscular Atrophy
There are many people who are unaware of Spinal Muscular Atrophy. This condition affects one in 7000 babies born globally.
There are mainly four classifications of this condition given as follows.
- Type I, which is the severe type, is also acknowledged as Werdnig-Hoffman disease.
- In type II stage normally, infants do not show symptoms of SMA during the early embryonic stage
- Type III is a less severe form and normally starts in early adulthood and gradually worsens as the patient’s age.
- Type IV is the least severe disease category where weakness and muscle wasting usually begin in adulthood.
As this condition is a genetic disease, there is no reasonable cause that has been known for this condition. The treatment of this condition is provided by Global Stem Cell Care. The treatments that are very effective for this condition are neural stem cell transplants that help the patient to regain muscle control. In this condition, the motor neurons get lost in the patient’s body, and through stem cell therapy, the lost neurons get regained in the body.
Symptoms of Spinal Muscular Atrophy
Understanding the symptoms of Spinal Muscular Atrophy is vital as then only the treatment will be started. Mainly in the patients, it has been seen that there is a weakness in the muscles of the legs and shoulders.
This is the main symptom through which this condition can be identified. This condition does not remain stable as the weakness of the muscles continues to become weaker.
In severe cases, the patient’s condition leads to complete paralysis and death. The treatment of Spinal Muscular Atrophy is now possible through stem cell therapy; hence, the patients suffering from the symptoms of this condition must get their treatment done from Global Stem Cell Care.
The other symptoms that can be in the patients are that they have difficulties doing the physical work such as walking, making eye coordination, crawling, making hand and neck control, and issues in swallowing.
There is also a higher risk in the patients who suffer from this condition as they can develop breathing problems due to failure in the lungs’ respiratory muscles.
Major symptoms of this condition are given as follow:
1. Weakness of muscle and breathing issues
2. Less muscle mass and problems in eating or swallowing
3. Loss of neck and head control
4. Facial twitching and muscle changes
5. Trembling of muscles
6. Missing tendon reflexes
9. Impotency, ED, and reduction in sexual potency
Diagnosis is an important stage for the treatment of Spinal Muscular Atrophy. There are many tests that are done by the doctors to get confirmation of the diagnosis.
To test the activity of the muscles and the symptoms of these conditions come up at the age of 18 months. The diagnosis can be done during pregnancy and also after the pregnancy.
For hereditary testing, the blood samples are essential as then only the defective gene can be identified, which causes this condition.
The doctor also makes sure to do a physical inspection to understand if there is a lack of muscle reflexes, any sign of muscle weakness, or Spontaneous twitching of muscle fibers. Spinal Muscular Atrophy is a genetic issue as it is a twofold passive autosomal disorder.
- For Spinal Muscular Atrophy, the treatment of Stem Cell Therapy has proven to be really effective and successful.
- Globally, this condition affects approximately one in 10,000 live births globally. The treatment of this condition is possible through Global Stem Cell Care.
- Patients who have this condition them stem cell treatment is very promising. It is a very effective treatment which is done through the modification of the extracellular motor neuronal environment via a trophic and neuroprotective effect.
- After stem cell transplantation, it has been seen that the patient's progression became slow.
The implantation of stem cells is done by the following procedure:
But emergency diagnostic tests may be needed if the injured person complains of neck pain, is not fully awake, or has obvious signs of weakness or neurological injury.
These tests may include:
• Intravenous administration.
• Intrathecal (lumber puncture)
• Liberation angioplasty
• Surgical administration for stroke
- Muscle weakness
- No control over head movements
- Trouble in swallowing
- Breathing problems
- May need a feeding tube
- Be able to sit up without help but not stand or walk
- Have weak arms or legs
- Have shaken in their fingers and hands
- Later develop problems with their joints
- Have weak breathing muscles and difficulty coughing
- Can stand and walk without help
- They may find walking or get up from a sitting position difficult
- May have balance problems
- Difficulty running or climbing steps
- Slight shaking in their fingers
- May find walking gets gradually harder over time
- Weakness in hands and feet
- Trouble in walking
- Twitching and shaking muscles
- Difficulty in swallowing and breathing
Spinal muscular atrophy is an autosomal recessive disease. This means that both parents must carry the genetic mutation for a child to have the condition.
Here are some possible causes of SMA disease:
- People with SMA either miss part of the SMN1 gene or have a mutated gene.
- A healthy SMN1 gene produces SMN protein. Motor neurons need this protein to survive and function properly.
- People with SMA don’t make enough SMN protein, so the motor neurons shrink and die.
- The brain can’t control voluntary movements, especially motion in the head, neck, arms, and legs.
- If someone in your family has SMA, your chance of being an SMA carrier significantly increases. When both parents are carriers, there is a 1 in 4 chance with each pregnancy that they will have a child with SMA.
Occupational TherapyThis therapy can help people with spinal muscular atrophy (SMA) increase independence in daily activities at home, work, and school. An occupational therapist is essential in helping people with SMA walk, dress, write, use a computer, or drive. Occupational therapy interventions concentrate on adapting to the environment, revising the task, and teaching the skill to upsurge participation in and performance of everyday activities. Occupational therapists also focus much of their work on detecting and eradicating environmental barriers to independence and participation in day-to-day activities akin to everyday life.
Nutrition TherapyProper nutrition is essential for people with spinal muscular atrophy (SMA). Many people with SMA have low height and weight because of poor nutrient intake. Difficulty swallowing and other feeding problems often lead to malnutrition. On the other hand, low physical activity can lead to overnutrition, including obesity. Nutritionists will recommend diet changes for each person’s specific needs. This could be increasing or decreasing calories. Or, it could be avoiding foods that are hard to chew and those that increase the risk of aspiration and reflux. Nutrition experts have seen that a balanced and maintained diet provides many advantages like improved growth, better breathing, and a better quality of life for people with SMA.
Physical TherapySpinal muscular atrophy is a rare genetic disease affecting the brain stem and spinal cord nerve cells. It causes low muscle tone, muscle weakness, and muscle wasting. These problems lead to a progressive loss of muscle strength, mobility, and function. The disease can affect all movement skills, such as walking, swallowing, eating, and breathing. Physical therapists help children and adults with SMA develop muscle strength. They help them achieve the ability to move and function at the highest level possible.
Aqua TherapyThe therapy takes place in a physical form. The therapy is carried out in a specially built water tank with a doctor known as Underwater Physical Therapy. For patients with neurological or musculoskeletal disorders, the extraordinary qualities of the marine environment augment treatments. Aquatic therapy involves a wide range of therapies that help patients to strengthen their stability, muscle strength, and body mechanics. Aquatic therapy helps improve the recovery mechanism and encourages the quality of stem cell treatment. In this treatment, water allows for ease of active movement, variations of stability levels, and the ability to support or challenge yourself on desired activity demands. Aquatic therapy is an effective therapeutic tool for physical and mental health.
AcupunctureAcupuncture is a method in which practitioners stimulate particular points on the body – most often by inserting thin needles via the skin. It is one of the most effective practices used in old-style Chinese medicine. Acupuncture arouses nerve fibers to convey signals to the spinal cord and brain, stimulating the body’s central nervous system. The spinal cord and brain then release hormones accountable for making us feel less pain while improving overall health. Acupuncture might also: upsurge blood circulation and body temperature, affect white blood cell activity (responsible for our immune function), decrease cholesterol and triglyceride levels, and normalize blood sugar levels.
Suraj Thakur’s Son Underwent Stem Cell-Based Therapy
Hi I am Suraj father of Vivaan Thakur. He was diagnosed with spinal muscular atrophy, and I was shocked and disheartened. So I consulted different doctors about his state, and...
Ivy Thomas From California Came To Us For The Treatment Of Spinal Muscular Atrophy
I visited India in 2017 with my husband for treatment as he was suffering from Spinal muscular atrophy, and he was getting weak over time. As a result, he has...
Raffsana Mazumdar From Hyderabad Visited Us For Her Brother’s Treatment For Spinal Muscular Atrophy
I visited India for the treatment of spinal muscular therapy for my mother. First, during an examination, he discussed his state with the doctor about problems getting up when sitting...
Sabrina Ahmed From Saudi Arabia Visited India For The Stem Cell Therapy
I have been showing visible signs of spinal muscular atrophy since the age of sixteen and was finally diagnosed at eighteen. I consulted various health care providers, and they prescribed...
In the stem cell therapy of this condition, the Mesenchymal Stem Cells (MSCs) are used as they are muti potent stem cells. These stem cells also help to improve the immune system of the patient.
The MSCs transplantation upsurges neuron survival and prevents gliosis, as microglia and astrocytes are both the target and reason of neuroinflammation; MSCs can save neurons and oligodendrocytes from apoptosis via the release of trophic and anti-apoptotic molecules, occasioning in the induction of a neuroprotective microenvironment.
Furthermore, Mesenchymal Stem Cells can promote the proliferation and maturation of local neural precursor cells, leading to their differentiation into mature neurons and oligodendrocytes.
VIP Treatment to Patients at Global Stem Cell Care
• The therapy sessions given to the patients at Global Stem Cell Care occur in the VIP treatment room in the advanced clinic.
• 24*7 supervision is maintained on the patients by the efficient medical team.
• Global Stem Cell Care highly recommends the patients stay for a minimum of 3 days in Hospital.
VIP Treatment to Patients at Global Stem Cell Care
- The therapy sessions given to the patients at Global Stem Cell Care takes place in the VIP treatment room that is in the advanced clinic.
- 24*7 supervision is maintained on the patients by the efficient medical team.
- Global Stem Cell Care highly recommends the patients stay for a minimum of 3 days in Hospital.
Global Stem Cell care Treatment Procedure
- Pick up from the Airport to the Hospital
- Interaction between Dr and Patient, to clear all their doubts at that time
- Admission procedure
- Clinical examination & Lab test will be done prescribed by the doctor
- Supportive Therapy
- Global Stem Cell Care Procedure
- Supportive therapies
- Supportive Therapy
- Discharging formalities
- Drop back to the Airport
- For Admission, carry the identity card (Passport/ Pan Card / Driving License)
- Carry the hard copy of Patient reports
How Stem Cell Therapy for Spinal Muscular Atrophy Works?
- The treatment of stem cell therapy is possible through Global Stem Cell Care as they provide the best stem cell therapy. In the patient’s body, complications occur due to muscle weakness.
- Due to the non-working of the motor neuron cells, muscle movement gets hampered. Through stem cell treatment, these cells get regenerated as the healthy neurons get transplanted.
- Through the treatment, the patients get improved motor function, muscle tone, and strength. The gross motor skills of the patient get improved.
What to Expect from Stem Cell Treatment for Spinal Muscular Atrophy?
- The stem cell treatment really helps the patients to recover from this condition. The treatment procedures provided by Global Stem Cell Treatment have no side effects, and they provide healing and positive results to the patients.
- The best of medical facilities and treatment is given to Global Stem Cell Care patients. The majority of the patients show remarkable improvements in their condition.
- For more than ten years, Global Stem Cell Care has been healing patients and increasing their quality of life.
- In various patients, the effects of the treatment vary due to different biological factors. The Global Stem Cell Care patients get the quality services as there is a protocol that is followed by the team of Global Stem Cell Care that includes testing for the inflammation developing factors before the treatment commences.
- The testing is done during the treatment also. Research is being done on the efficacy of Allogeneic Stem Cell Therapy, and for that, the data is required for future prognosis to know the treatment after-effects on the patient.
Global Stem Cell care Treatment Procedure
The treatments that take place in Global Stem Cell Care are of 3 days. The treatment protocol is safe and non-invasive. The patients can travel the next day. The following is the day-wise schedule for the patients.
The following are the improvements that can be seen in the patients:
• Improvement in motor functions and body balance.
• Relief in neuropathic pain.
• Increased muscle strength and tone.
• Muscle coordination and less fatigue.
• Improvement in tremors and speech.
• Fine and gross motor improvements.
• Improvement in swallowing.
• Progression of disease gets reduced.
Follow Up Follow Up
For the follow-up, the medical team of Global Stem Cell Care will be in touch with the patient to know the improvement in the patients. Proper assistance is provided to the patients in case they face any issues. .
Frequently Asked Questions
A. In this condition, the life expectancy of the patient is not affected.
A. The major symptoms of spinal muscular atrophy is the weakness of muscles, reduction in muscle tone, and problems in motor skills.
A. Stem cell therapy is a cure for spinal muscular atrophy as many patients have been able to get muscle strength through this treatment.
A. The age at which spinal muscular atrophy is diagnosed is in early childhood or when the child is 18 months of age.