Make An Appointment
For emergency Case
Booking A visit
Stem Cell Therapy for ALS, Global Stem Cell Treatment for ALS
The condition of Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) is a progressive disease in which the voluntary muscles’ movement gets affected. It comes under the category of a rare neurological disorder. It is widely known as Lou Gehrig’s disease or motor neuron disease.
Treatment for ALS
ALS is a rare condition in which the nervous system gets affected. The muscles of a person who suffers from this condition get weak, and the person’s physical movement gets hampered.
The reason why the patient’s muscles become weak is due to the breakdown in the nerve cells. The symptoms that can be seen in the patients is muscle weakness.
Earlier, there was no treatment for this condition, but through stem cell therapy, this condition’s symptoms can be improved, and discomfort can be reduced. Through a proper medical diagnosis, the treatment is initiated by the medical team of Global Stem Cell Care.
It is said to be a lifelong disease, but the patient can get some relief through stem cell therapy. The nerve cells that are majorly affected in this condition are the brain and the spinal cord. The person who was first to get diagnosed with this condition was Lou Gehrig, and that is why this condition is also popularly known as Lou Gehrig’s disease.
The age group in which most of the cases of ALS can be found is from 40 to 60. The cause of ALS is genetic and long exposure to BMAA can cause this disease.
Do You Know About ALS?
The disease in which the nerve cells get damaged, particularly of the brain and the spinal cord, is known as Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). The first case of this disease was of Lou Gehrig, who was a famous baseball player. Due to this, ALS is also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease. Attention was put on this condition after Lou Gehrig was diagnosed with this condition.
This condition is said to be a progressive one in which the condition of the patient continues to become worse over time. Stem Cell Therapy helps patients who are suffering from this condition to improve their symptoms and find relief. Prior to the innovation of stem cell therapy, there was no treatment for ALS. Through the treatment provided by Global Stem Cell Care, the patients who are suffering from ALS have received much relief.
In the patients, it can be seen that their voluntary muscle movement gets disrupted due to this condition. The motor nerve cells get affected in ALS that controls the movement of limbs, swallowing, and breathing.
Global Stem Cell Care has the specialization to provide the best treatment procedure for ALS. The function that the motor neurons perform is to send signals from the brain directly to the spinal cord, and then the signals move from the spinal cord to the muscles of the body.
Due to the death of these motor neurons, the brain’s ability to have control the movement of the body gets lost. The patients do not have the ability to function normally, such as facing difficulty in speaking, breathing, and even moving. Stem Cell Care has been an effective treatment option for patients who are suffering from this condition.
Symptoms of ALS
The symptoms of ALS help to identify this disease as there are some particular early symptoms that can be seen in the patients who are suffering from this condition. The symptoms that can be seen in the early stage of this condition are nasal speech, problems in chewing, weakness of muscles, and stiffness of muscles.
The symptoms depend upon which muscle gets affected first in the body of the patient. Accordingly, the symptoms of this condition can be seen in the patient. It has been seen that the symptoms of ALS first start to affect the muscles of the legs.
The patient might start to face difficulty in performing tasks that involves muscle movement such as running, walking, and writing. In some patient’s speech problems can also be seen.
- It is advised to the patients who are suffering from the condition of ALS to seek medical advice and treatment.
- Global Stem Cell Care provides an effective diagnosis of this condition
- stem cell therapy helps to provide relief to ALS patients.
An effective diagnosis of ALS is important for the treatment. The diagnosis of ALS is done through a neurologist. Through the electromyogram (EMG), the damage in the nerves is detected.
The doctor also performs a nerve conduction study, MRI test, blood and urine test, spinal tap (lumbar puncture), and a muscle biopsy. Without proper diagnosis, it is not possible to start the treatment for ALS.
The doctor also examines the history of symptoms in the patient for the diagnosis. Before giving the final diagnosis, the doctor also conducts a physical exam to rule out the other similar disease to ALS. The symptoms that make the diagnosis clear for ALS are the functioning of the upper and lower motor neuron.
- Weakness and wasting in limbs
- Difficulty walking
- Difficulty swallowing
- Slurry speech
- Trembling in tongue, arms, and shoulders
- Weakness in hands
- Slurry nasal speech
- Frequent neck stiffness
- Face difficulty in swallowing and chewing
- Decrease in arm strength
- Weakness in hands and fingers muscles
- Shaking and fasciculation
- Frequent spine stiffness
- Muscle cramp
- Quivering hands and legs
- Weakness in the legs, arms, and face
- Stiff breasts in men
- Difficulty in holding
- Constant muscle cramps
- The initial onset of erectile dysfunction
- Weakness in legs
- Uncommon fatigue
- Abnormal tripping
- Occasional muscle contradiction
- Urinary incontinence
The causes of the vast majority of ALS/MND cases are still unknown. However, genetic factors are widely believed to contribute to disease susceptibility and perhaps to its time of onset and severity.
Some other causes consist of the following:
- The inflammatory response triggered due to a faulty autoimmune mechanism
- Lack of secretion of neurogenic growth factors, degeneration, aging of motor neurons
- Certain viral infections may hijack connections between brain cells and muscles, causing acute flaccid paralysis; such as poliovirus
- Long-term exposure to specific chemicals or toxins
- Genetic inclination
- Brain hypoxia, ischemia, stroke, unusual mental or physical stress, frequent head injuries
- Other triggers include particular types of cancer and environmental impurities.
Occupational TherapyIt effectively helps children to work on physical, motor, and cognitive skills. The goal of the treatment is to achieve control over conversational skills by becoming more independent and actively participating in activities. It can also help strategize sensory issues post-stem cell therapy.
Sensory integrationThese enhance processing skills of sensory information, such as textures, sounds, smell, taste, brightness, etc. With the rationale of understanding how data is being processed in their brain, children are helped to make better sense of information that can be used in multiple daily tasks.
Dietary Modificationdietary changes have reportedly produced dramatic differences in the symptomatic exhibition and functional improvements. With good scientific investigation, experts believe that children with autism should be evaluated for certain dietary modifications, either in combination or alone, to assess significant functional improvement in the brain.
Psychological interventionsThese aim at shaping behavioral issues using classic and instrumental conditioning. It is designed to focus mainly on core deficits associated with mental problems or psychological challenges reported in the spectrum.
Speech therapyIt addresses challenges with language and communication. It helps children with autism to improve verbal, non-verbal, and social communication. The goal is to help children improve communication skills in more practical ways.
Hyperbaric oxygen therapyThis is the medical use of oxygen at a level upper than atmospheric pressure. It provides a higher concentration of oxygen delivered in a chamber with higher atmospheric pressure. The condition initiates hypoxia in the brain to facilitate improved oxygenated blood flow toward the brain, indirectly improving stem cell flow toward the target.
After undergoing MS stem cell treatment in India with GSCC, Adnan was particularly very impressed with the amenities and staff members who attended to him in India. It was a...
I was suffering from diabetic neuropathy from past 7 years. To cure it for life, I decided to contact GSCC in India for stem cell therapy. After the therapy, my...
- the motor neurons play an especially important role.
Implantation is the most important stage of the treatment of ALS. Through stem cell therapy, it has been seen that the progression of this disease slows down, and it helps the patient to get relief in the weakness of muscles. With the implantation of stem cells in the body of the patient, the degeneration slows down of the motor neurons. In the Central Nervous System,
The stem cell treatment for ALS involves the implantation of Mesenchymal stem cells that helps to repair the motor neurons that improves the symptoms in the patient. There are no side effects of stem cell treatment, which is a plus point for patients with ALS. The implantation of stem cells is done using the best infusion method identified by the doctors. After the treatment, proper aftercare is provided to the patients, and the patient’s improvements are analyzed by the doctors.
Get Stem Cell Treatment for ALS
- For ALS, the treatment of Stem Cell Therapy has proven to be effective and successful.
- Globally, ALS affects 1.9 per 100,000 with uniform rates in Caucasian populations and lower rates in African, Asian, and Hispanic populations.
- The condition of ALS tends to develop at the age of 40-70. The rare cases of ALS have been found to occur at the age of 20-30.
- Stem cell treatment helps in the treatment of ALS as there was no treatment before it. Through this treatment, the progression of this condition can be slowed down, which provides relief to the patient.
How Global Stem Cell Care Therapy Works ?
- For the treatment of ALS, there was no treatment before the advent of stem cell therapy.
- Global Stem Cell Care provides the best stem cell therapy for ALS, and the use of Mesenchymal stem cells is done for the treatment of this condition. Through these stem cells, the Myelin, which belongs to the nervous system, is restored in the body of the patient.
- With stem cell treatment, an improvement can be seen in the patient, and the life of the patient also increases.
- Particularly in stem cell treatment, there is no side effect, which is beneficial for the patient as the use of drugs for the treatment of ALS has major side effects.
- It is advised to the patients to choose Global Stem Cell Care for the treatment of ALS.
- The therapy sessions given to the patients at Global Stem Cell Care occur in the VIP treatment room in the advanced clinic.
- 24*7 supervision is maintained on the patients by the efficient medical team.
- Global Stem Cell Care highly recommends the patients stay for a minimum of 3 days in Hospital.
Global Stem Cell Care Treatment Procedure
The treatments that take place in Global Stem Cell Care are of 3 days. The treatment protocol is safe and non-invasive. The patients can travel the next day. The following is the day-wise schedule for the patients.
- Pick up from the Airport to the Hospital
- Interaction between Dr and Patient, to clear all their doubts at that time
- Admission procedure
- Clinical examination & Lab test will be done prescribed by the doctor
- Supportive Therapy
- Stem cell Procedure
- Supportive therapies
- Supportive Therapy
- Discharging formalities
- Drop back to the Airport
- For Admission, carry the identity card (Passport/ Pan Card / Driving License)
- Carry the hard copy of Patient reports
What to Expect from Stem Cell Treatment for ALS?
The stem cell treatment for ALS really helps the patients to recover from this condition. The treatment procedures provided by Global Stem Cell Treatment have no side effects, and they provide healing and positive results to the patients.
The best of medical facilities and treatment is given to Global Stem Cell Care patients. Most of the patients show remarkable improvements in their condition.
. For more than ten years, Global Stem Cell Care has been healing patients and increasing their quality of life.. In various patients, the effects of the treatment vary due to different biological factors. The Global Stem Cell Care patients get the quality services as there is a protocol that is followed by the team of Global Stem Cell Care that includes testing for the inflammation developing factors before the treatment commences.
5. The testing is done during the treatment also. Research is being done on the efficacy of Allogeneic Stem Cell Therapy, and for that, the data is required for future prognosis to know the treatment after-effects on the patient.
- Improved motor function in the patient, which gets hampered majorly in ALS
- Balance of body gets restored
- Coordination of body gets improved, and the fatigue in muscles gets minimized
- Increase in the strength of muscle and less frequent tremors
- Improved swallowing and speech
- Progression of ALS gets slowed down
The advent of stem cell treatment for ALS has brought a ray of hope for the patients who suffer from this condition as there was no treatment available prior to stem cell treatment.
Global Stem Cell Care strives to provide the best medical facilities to the patients. The stem cell treatment for ALS helps the body of the patient to recover and heal the brain injury that further helps to restore the various neurological functions.
After the successful stem cell treatment, the patients have been able to experience various improvements listed below:
Follow Up Follow Up
The follow-up process of Global Stem Cell Care is very efficient as they keep on following up with the patients to know their condition after the treatment. If the patients require any assistance, then the medical team of Global Stem Cell Care provides the proper assistance to the patients.
Frequently Asked Questions
A: The main cause of ALS is not known. There are many factors that are linked with this medical condition, and majorly it is known to be a hereditary disease.
A: Stem cell treatment for ALS helps to reduce disease progression and provides comfort to the condition of the patient. The mesenchymal stem cells are used for the treatment of ALS. The patients who have undergone stem cell treatment by Global Stem Cell Care have found relief in their condition.
A: No, there are no side effects of stem cell treatment for ALS.