Make An Appointment
For emergency Case
Booking A visit
Get to Know All About Stem Cell Therapy for Optic Nerve HYPOPLASIA
Optic nerve hypoplasia (ONH) is a congenital condition, under this condition the optic nerve suffers underdevelopment. ONH vision deficiency varies from moderate to extreme, and one or both eyes may be impaired. In both unilateral and bilateral cases, nystagmus (shaking of the eyes) can be observed. With ONH, the frequency of strabismus is greater. Central nervous system (CNS) malformations that place the patient at risk for other issues, including seizure disease and developmental delay, may be associated with optic nerve hypoplasia. In most infants, hormone deficiencies emerge, regardless of related midline brain abnormalities or MRI pituitary gland abnormalities. Actually, the majority of kids with growth hormone deficiency have a regular MRI.
Optic Nerve Hypoplasia Stem Cell Treatment in Delhi
Do you Know about Optic Nerve Hypoplasia?
- In 70 percent -80 percent of the cases, optic nerve hypoplasia (ONH) occurs and is typically the first presenting characteristic accompanied by hormonal abnormalities. There may also be other eye abnormalities, such as nystagmus and microphthalmia.
- Optic nerve hypoplasia (ONH), pituitary hypoplasia and midbrain anomalies such as absence of septum pellucidum and corpus collasum agenesis are characterized by septo-optic dysplasia (SOD), also known as de Morsier Syndrome
- Global Stem Cell Care has been providing the best of treatment to the patients who are suffering from this condition, and through the stem cell treatment, their symptoms have also improved.
- Only stem cell treatment is the cure for this condition as it helps to replace the damaged cells. Global Stem Cell Care has the best team that works for the effective treatment of this medical condition.
- From global retardation through focal deficits such as epilepsy or hemiparesis, neurological dysfunction is prevalent. Vision loss is often induced by traumatic optic neuropathy, optic neuritis and ischemic optic neuropathy, but is typically not associated with other disorders.
Diagnosis of Optic Nerve Hypoplasia
During a dilated eye exam, the diagnosis of ONH is normally made by the presence of the small/pale optic nerve. Visual acuity potential based on the appearance of the optic nerve is hard to predict. The majority of ONH cases have no clearly defined cause. When developing ONH, there are no known ethnic or socioeconomic causes, nor is there a known correlation with pesticide exposure. Maternal ingestion of phenytoin, quinine, and LSD, as well as fetal alcohol syndrome, have been associated with ONH. The best hospitals for stem cell treatment are present in Delhi. Global Stem Cell Care is the best stem cell treatment provider in India.
- Currently, no one knows the exact causes of optic nerve hypoplasia. In most cases, it appears at random.
- There is evidence, though, that a specific gene mutation may be associated with optic nerve hypoplasia.
- However, the correlation seems to be minor, as the majority of those with optic nerve hypoplasia do not have these gene mutations.
- Some researchers hypothesize that optic nerve hypoplasia could result from vascular disruption. Vascular disruption refers to temporarily disrupting an unborn baby’s blood flow, which can cause developmental delays and congenital disabilities.
Risk factors that have been associated with optic nerve hypoplasia include:
- First trimester bleeding
- Maternal smoking
- Young maternal age
- Maternal diabetes
- Preterm labor
- First pregnancy
- Low maternal weight gain or maternal weight loss
- Use of recreational drugs during pregnancy
- Use of some medications during pregnancy
Gene TherapyResearchers used gene therapy to regenerate damaged axons in the eye, in a discovery that could aid the development of new treatments for optic nerve hypoplasia. One of the major benefits of gene therapy is also that the removal of problematic genes from the body of future parents also removes any chances of their future baby being afflicted by the same condition. Moreover, as time progresses and technology gets advanced, gene therapy is becoming more effective and safer.
Nutrition TherapyMedical Nutrition treatment (MNT) is a helpful approach to treat ailments and their related side effects by the utilization of an explicitly customized diet defined and observed by a master. The treatment focuses on fixing dietary wasteful aspects and physiological awkward nature in order to give the most ideal condition to the immature microorganisms to grow suitably, just as improving the patient’s general well-being.
Diksha Jadhav From Ranchi Came To Us For The Treatment Of Optic Nerve Hypoplasia
Hi, I am Ratan Jadhav, father of Diksha. We visited Global Stem Cell Care for stem cell therapy. My daughter was detected with optic nerve hypoplasia. My cousin told me...
James Harrison From Italy Visited India For Stem Cell Therapy
Hi, I am Mary, the mother of James. My child was detected with optic nerve hypoplasia. And I was searching for a treatment to cure my child’s condition. Then I...
Kylie Thomson Came To India With Her Parents For The Treatment Of Optic Nerve Hypoplasia
I am Oliver. I visited India with my 4-year-old kid Kylie to get stem cell treatment for optic nerve hypoplasia. In May, Katie was first treated with stem cells via...
Otis Ralph Came To India For The Treatment Of Optic Nerve Hypoplasia Via Global Stem Cell Care
My son had Optic nerve hypoplasia, and my cousin suggested this stem cell treatment, and to be honest, it helped him a lot. So, if you are looking for something...
- Intravenous administration
- Liberation angioplasty
- Intrathecal (lumber puncture)
- Surgical administration for stroke
1. Global Stem Cell Care has the best stem cell therapy for Optic Nerve Hypoplasia. The implantation stage is of utmost importance during the stem cell treatment.
2. Hypoplasia of the optic nerve (ONH) arises due to the underdevelopment of the optic nerve that carries synaptic signaling to the brain from the retina throughout the eye. Septo-optic dysplasia (SOD), also known as de Morsier syndrome, is a subtype of ONH which results from optic nerve underdevelopment, pituitary gland dysfunction, and the lack of a midline region of the brain, septum pellucidum.
3. SOD results from abnormalities during fetal embryological development and studies indicate that gene defects as well as embryo susceptibility to infections can be linked with ONH. Global Stem Cell Care ensures you get the best stem cell therapy in Delhi, India.
4. SOD also causes other signs such as pituitary deficiency, autistic tendencies, epileptic seizures and more in addition to the loss of vision that is a hallmark symptom of ONH.
For the patients living with ONH-SOD, there are few traditional treatment options available, which primarily concentrate on helping patients deal with their impairment. None of them though, are currently treating optic nerve function loss. In the optic nerve, stem cells have the ability to replace nerve cells, enabling people with ONH-SOD to gain more vision.
The following is the structure that is followed during the implantation stage:
For the treatment of Optic Nerve Hypoplasia , the stem cells that are used are the Mesenchymal Stem Cells (MSCs). Global Stem Cell Care has been successfully executing stem cell treatment on patients with expert care and precautions. Following is the mechanisms of stem cell transplantation for Optic Nerve Hypoplasia in Delhi, India.
For around 10 years, Mesenchymal Stem Cells have been used to treat ONH and SOD (de Morsier Syndrome).These stem cells, depending on their various special characteristics, can enhance vision through the following mechanisms:
The capacity of mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) to differentiate into neural cells and to secrete neurotrophic factors, such as brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factors (GDNF), which may promote the differentiation of grafted cells into neural cells, prevent apoptosis, enhance angiogenesis, suppress inflammatory infiltrates and sustain grafted cells.
These pathways not only help to maintain vision, they also help to greatly enhance vision loss by optic nerve and retinal ganglion cell regeneration.
The stem cells are inserted into the retrobulbar space by IV, lumbar puncture and/or injection to do so. The aim of this mix is to more accurately reach the infected regions.
Get Stem Cell Therapy for Optic Nerve Hypoplasia
Using a number of cell sources, such as Umbilical Cord Blood Stem Cell (UC-BSC), Umbilical Cord Blood-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cell (UCB-MSC) and Bone Marrow-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cell, detailed research on the efficacy of stem cell transplantation have been carried out (BM-MSC).Through stem cell treatment by Global Stem Cell Care, there is the regeneration of nerve tissues along with blood supply improvements, and some major reduction in inflammation. The best stem cell therapy in India is offered by a renowned treatment expert like Global Stem Cell Care. It provides the best treatment for Optic Nerve Hypoplasia that shows improvement in the child.
How Global Stem Cell Care Therapy Works ?
To address the restrictions of traditional therapies,
Stem cells are mixed in our protocols with advanced ONH-SOD therapies that not only concentrate on helping the patient deal with their symptoms.
the extensive stem cell treatment protocols for Optic Nerve Hypoplasia (ONH) and Septo-Optic Dysplasia (SOD)
But by encouraging the regeneration of the optic nerve and other damaged brain systems, they also treat the root cause of the disease.
We agree that our extensive ONH-SOD care approach gives our patients the best opportunity to enhance their vision, creating a better quality of life.
VIP Treatment to Patients at Global Stem Cell Care
- In the VIP recovery room in the advanced facility, the counseling sessions provided to patients at Global Stem Cell Care occur.
- The effective care staff ensures 24*7 oversight of the patients.
- Global Stem Cell Treatment strongly advises that patients continue in the hospital for a minimum of 3 days.
Global Stem Cell care Treatment Procedure
The stem cell therapy for Optic Nerve Hypoplasia takes place in Global Stem Cell Care, usually takes place for about 3 days. The treatment protocol is safe and non-invasive. The patients can travel the next day. The following is the day-wise schedule for the patients. Stem cell therapy in Delhi, India is offered by the best and the most reliable stem cell care hospitals.
- Pick up from the Airport to the hospital
- Interaction between Dr and Patient, to clear all their doubts at that time
- Clinical examination & Lab test will be done prescribed by the doctor
- Supportive Therapy
- Stem cell Procedure
- Supportive therapies
- Supportive Therapy
- Discharging formalities
- Drop back to the Airport
• For Admission, carry the identity card (Passport/ Pan Card / Driving License)
• Carry the hard copy of Patient reports
Symptoms of Optic Nerve Hypoplasia
ONH is present at birth, but before puberty, or even adolescence, many signs may not be evident. Involuntary, quick eye movements (nystagmus) and/or moderate to extreme visual impairment of one or both eyes are present in most infants with ONH.
. In early childhood, vision always increases modestly even if there is no development of the optic nerves after birth. Due to the underdevelopment of the optic nerves, when viewed by a specialist using an ophthalmologist, the optic disc is smaller than normal in either or both eyes.
The optic disk is often referred to as the “blind spot,” the structure in which nerve fibers from the retina join before leaving the back of the eye to form the optic nerve. The optic nerves, at the base of the hypothalamus, intersect to form the optic chiasm and optic tracts.
By regulating the gland’s release of certain hormones, the hypothalamus also coordinates the activity of the pituitary gland. A tiny structure below the hypothalamus produces multiple hormones in the pituitary gland and releases them directly into the bloodstream.
It is situated directly underneath the optic nerves and is connected by a short stalk of nerve fibers and blood vessels to the hypothalamus. The hypothalamus does not adequately interact with the pituitary gland in most individuals with ONH, resulting in a failure of the pituitary gland to generate or release the usual amounts of certain hormones into the bloodstream. Stem cell therapy for Optic Nerve Hypoplasia in Delhi is extended for the patient by Global Stem Cell Care.
What to Expect from Stem Cell Treatment for Optic Nerve Hypoplasia?
The goal of stem cell therapy by Global Stem Cell Care, is done to regain neurological activity in the field of brain/spinal cord lesion, so after our treatment, different forms of recovery are possible and our past patients have encountered the following:
• Visual acuity Sharpened
• Enhanced understanding of light
• Visual field expanded
• Brighter night vision
• Nystagmus diminished
• Enhanced strabismus
• Enhanced hormonal disorders
• Diminished autism signs
- . Visual acuity
- . Light perception
- . Field of vision
- . Night vision
- . Colour vision
- . Nystagmus
Through stem cell therapy by Global Stem Cell Care, improvements can be seen in the symptoms of the patients. The main motto of stem cell therapy for Optic Nerve Hypoplasia is to renew the neurological function in the brain/spinal cord, which was earlier disrupted. After the stem cell treatment, major improvements can be seen in the patients. Most patients with Optic nerve disorders suffer from, optical acuity, visual field, light sensitivity, night vision, strabismus, and nystagmus, therapies using MSCs demonstrated good progress. In comparison, therapy with stem cells has led to a substantial slowdown in vision deterioration in patients with advanced conditions.
Stem cell-treated patients with optic nerve hypoplasia (ONH) and septo-optic dysplasia (de Morsier Syndrome) typically observe changes in the following areas:
Follow Up Follow Up
The follow-up is the most critical step in which the doctors determine the patient’s health. The treatment of Optic Nerve Hypoplasia cannot be done without follow-up. The patient needs to come to visit, according to the doctor’s advice.
Frequently Asked Questions
For all children with hypoplasia of the optic nerve, an MRI scan is recommended. For all patients within five years of age, assessment by an endocrinologist should be mandatory.
ONH is a stable and non-progressive disease in general, which does not deteriorate. Vision can gradually increase and over time, nystagmus may decrease.
There is no cure for ONH by medicinal or surgical means. Occlusion of the better-seeing eye, however can enhance vision in the other eye. Children with severe loss of vision in both eyes can benefit from low vision specialists’ early supportive attention. Treatment with stem cells has not been proven to be successful for ONH.
Treatment also includes a team of practitioners, including pediatricians, ophthalmologists, neurologists, endocrinologists and other health care providers, to organize their activities. Hormone abnormalities, often driven by endocrinologists, are treated with hormone replacement therapy. Vision defects, however are typically not treatable in both ONH and SOD patients, while low vision patients may seek support.