Make An Appointment
For emergency Case
|Monday – Friday||–||8:00 – 20:00|
|Saturday||–||8:00 – 17:00|
|Sunday||–||8:00 – 17:00|
Booking A visit
Get to Know All About Stem Cell Therapy for Intellectual Disability
Once referred to as mental retardation, intellectual disability (ID) is characterized by-
• Average intelligence or mental capacity
• Lack of abilities required for everyday life.
Intellectually Disability distorts the overall functionality and can develop new things to do so, but they learn them more slowly. There are different degrees, from moderate to profound, of intellectual disability.
Intellectual disability, what is it? In two areas, anyone with intellectual disabilities has restrictions. Those fields are:
• Intellectual process. Often known as IQ, this refers to the capacity of a person to think, reason, make choices, and fix issues.
• Adaptive habits. These are qualities that are needed for daily life, such as being able to communicate easily, communicate with others, and take care of yourself.
An IQ test tests the IQ (intelligence quotient). For the bulk of individuals scoring between 85 and 115, the average IQ is 100. If they have an IQ of less than 70 to 75, a person is considered intellectually disabled. In order to assess the coping behaviours of an infant, a psychologist may observe the strengths of the child and equate them with other children of the same generation. Things that should be observed include:
• How well the child can feed or clothe himself;
• How well the child can communicate with others and appreciate them; and
• How the child communicates with relatives, peers, and other children of the same age.
Intellectual deficiency is considered to affect approximately 1 percent of the population. 85 percent of the disabled individuals had mild intellectual difficulties. This means that it is only a little slower than average to learn new skills or knowledge. Some will be willing, with the right support, to live happily as adults.
Do You Know About Intellectual Disability?
In infants, there are several different signs of intellectual disability. During gestation, symptoms may occur, or they may not be visible before a child reaches school age. It also depends on the disability’s magnitude. The most prominent symptoms of intellectual disability include those of the following:
Global Stem Cell Care provides the best treatment to the patients who are suffering from Intellectual Disability condition, and through the stem cell treatment, their symptoms have also improved.
• Rolling over, seating, crawling, or late walking
• Problems with actions like explosive tantrums
• Slow to learn things such as potty training, grooming, and self-feeding
• Difficulty recalling stuff
• Speaking late or having problems speaking
• Inability to associate behavior with repercussions
• Trouble in issue-solving or critical reasoning
There may be other health issues in children with serious or profound learning impairment as well. These conditions can include convulsions, mood disturbances (anxiety, autism, etc.), deterioration of motor functions, eye difficulties, or hearing problems.
Only stem cell treatment is the cure for this condition, as it helps replace the damaged cells. Global Stem Cell Care has the best team that works for the effective treatment of this medical condition.
Symptoms of Intellectual Disability
Intellectual Disability can very well occur if in case anything interferes with the overall natural brain growth. However, it is only about a third of the time that is a particular cause of the intellectual disability and can be found.
The most frequent causes of intellectual deficiency are:
Disease or accident. Infections may lead to neurological disability, such as meningitis, whooping cough, or measles. It may also be caused by significant head injury, near-drowning, acute malnutrition, brain infections, exposure to harmful chemicals such as lead, and serious negligence or violence.
When something interferes with normal brain development, intellectual disability may occur. It’s just about a third of the time, though, that a clear cause of intellectual disability can be found. Many symptoms of intellectual disability are present. Children with an intellectual disability, for example, can:
- Conditions such as Down syndrome and X syndrome, which are delicate.
- Fertility issues. Alcohol or opioid use, malnutrition, certain diseases, or preeclampsia are things that may conflict with fetal brain development.
- Problems in childbirth. When a baby is deprived of oxygen during childbirth or born extremely premature, intellectual disability can result.
- Sitting up, creeping, or walking slower than most kids
- Difficulty communicating
- Finding it hard to recall stuff
- Having problems with understanding social norms
- Finding it difficult to see the outcome of their acts
- Having problems with solving some calculations
Get Stem Cell Therapy for Intellectual Disability
The presently available Intellectual Disability care services help people to some degree control their academics and their day-to-day lives, but they do not fix the root cause of delayed neurodevelopment. It is also important to establish a typical therapy method for an hour. For people who are suffering from Intellectual Disabilities, scientists and researchers worldwide now accept stem cell therapy as a possible and a very reliable therapeutic choice. For neurodevelopmental diseases, this is a comparatively recent type of therapy available. Cell therapy aids with reducing the child’s problem habits in the first place.
Stem Cell Therapy is a highly efficient form of treatment in which nerve tissue regeneration can repair the damage that has been done to the brain. The regeneration of nerve tissues, increases in blood flow, and reduction of inflammation occur by stem cell therapy. The best cure for Intellectual Disability that reflects change in the child is given by Global Stem Cell Care.
How Global Stem Cell Care Therapy Works ?
In India, Stem Cell Therapy for Intellectual Disability requires autologous mononuclear derived bone marrow cells (BM MNCs) for transplantation. The stem cells transplanted have the ability to migrate to the region of the brain’s damaged tissue to help repair the damage in the areas affected. Via the release of many trophic factors, the consequences of damage in certain areas are minimized. Then, these stem cells also divide into other nervous system cell types, such as oligodendrocytes, glial cells, and other nervous system cells. Here are the stem cells that are used for stem cell therapy in India:
Adult Stem Cells
• Adult stem cells are those cells which, after their growth, are accessible throughout the body.
• Adult stem cells have the ability to distinguish specialised tissues or organs into several cell types.
• Adult stem cells protect, heal or rebuild the tissue they belong to.
• As opposed to the other stem cells that can be derived from either the fetus or the umbilical cord, they are often called ‘somatic stem cells’- somatic means’ obtained from the body.’
• Umbilical Cord Stem cells are obtained from the umbilical cord blood at the time of the birth.
• Hematopoietic cells, which are responsible for producing all types of cells in the blood, red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets, are the cells that can be contained in cord blood.
• Stem cell treatment may be performed to cure many blood-related diseases using these cells.
Embryonic stem cells are acquired from the embryo itself.
• They have infinite capacity for growth.
• Their proliferative propensity expands their therapeutic range of limits and leaps.
• The use of these cells for stem cell treatment, despite its high promise, poses huge ethical red flags and dangers.
• Their completely infinite capacity also raises the risk, once injected, of tumorigenic tendencies.
• Therefore, their use is also deemed contentious.
Global Stem Cell Care offers the best stem cell treatment for Intellectual Disability.
• They are stored shortly after birth in cord blood banks, by harvesting and cryogenically freezing the cells, and can be used during the lifetime of the person for stem cell therapy in India.
• These cells are rich in immune cell cells as well.
• In the bone marrow, peripheral tissue, blood vessels, skeletal muscle, skin, teeth, heart, gut, liver, ovarian epithelium, and testis, adult stem cells are readily accessible.
• It has been noticed over the years that these cells are also present in the brain, advocating the possibility of their use in the treatment of stem cells for neurological conditions.
• Because, unlike embryonic stem cells, the cell replication ability for adult stem cells is regulated, they face negligible side effects in stem cell therapy.
What to Expect from Stem Cell Treatment for Intellectual Disability?
Stem cells are our body’s building blocks. In a multicellular body such as ours, they shape multiple tissues and organs and are responsible for diverse functions and derive from simpler cells known as stem cells-Replace, Restore, and Rebuild. Stem cells are advanced cells that have the ability to reach out to our body and repair injured pieces. Stem cells are now known as a medical medicine marvel and have given birth to a new age of medicinal approaches such as Stem Cell Therapy. A number of stem cells from different sources or roots are being used.
How do Stem Cells Work?
Stem cells are distinguished by specific and distinct self-renewal and differentiation properties into various types of cells, and function as a kind of internal recovery mechanism, separating other cells essentially without restrictions. Via the following pathways, stem cells accomplish their reparative functions.
Global Stem Cell Care provides the best medical treatment to patients suffering from Intellectual Disability. The treatment methodologies followed by the medical team of Global Stem Cell Care has no side effects as they provide the best healing to the patients. The testing is done during the treatment also. Research is being done on the efficacy of Allogeneic Stem Cell Therapy, and for that, the data is required for future prognosis to know the treatment after-effects on the patient.
VIP Treatment to Patients at Global Stem Cell Care
- The therapy sessions given to the patients at Global Stem Cell Care occur in the VIP treatment room in the advanced clinic.
- 24*7 supervision is maintained on the patients by the efficient medical team.
- Global Stem Cell Care highly recommends the patients stay for a minimum of 3 days in Hospital.
Global Stem Cell care Treatment Procedure
The treatments that take place in Global Stem Cell Care are of 3 days. The treatment protocol is safe and non-invasive. The patients can travel the next day. The following is the day-wise schedule for the patients.
- Pick up from the Airport to the Hospital
- Interaction between Dr and Patient, to clear all their doubts at that time
- Admission procedure
- Clinical examination & Lab test will be done prescribed by the doctor
- Supportive Therapy
- Stem cell Procedure
- Supportive therapies
- Supportive Therapy
- Discharging formalities
- Drop back to the Airport
- For Admission, carry the identity card (Passport/ Pan Card / Driving License)
- Carry the hard copy of Patient reports
- the child and increases the quality of life.
The kid displays improved attention span and focus, increased processing speed, decreased hyperactivity and greater sitting tolerance in school in the case of Moderate Intellectual Disability. They are getting more involved and accountable. The kid will also practice simple mathematical equations and the use of a calculator in everyday life if trained correctly by a special instructor. They grow more positive in their ability and also continue to step out.
The level of freedom is comparatively improved in the case of Moderate/Severe Intellectual Disability, on which the infant or adult is dependent on his/her simple ADL. They should bathe themselves, get educated in the toilet or at least express their desires for the bathroom. This promotes the treatment of
- Intravenous administration
- Liberation angioplasty
- Intrathecal (lumber puncture)
- Surgical administration for stroke
The following is the structure that is followed during the implantation stage:
The main mechanisms that help tissue repair and regeneration include:-
• Prevention of cell death in neuronal population
• Establishment of new blood vessels
• Cell multiplication and integration
• Establishment of new neuronal maps in the brain in order to learn new functions.
This repair and regeneration of the stem cells in the damaged tissue, restores activity in the affected area, which translates into clinical improvements. Stem cell treatment for Intellectual Disability in India, can thus, prove to play a great role in improving the overall quality of life. Autologous BM MNCs also, do not show any adverse side effects and do not face any immune rejection. They are obtained from the same patient and thus are free of the ethical issues surrounding the use of stem cells.
Follow Up Follow Up
The follow-up is the most critical step in which the doctors determine the patient’s health. The procedure will not be done without follow-up. The patient needs to come to visit, according to the doctor’s advice. The after treatment needs to be personalised, whether traditional way or in an unorthodox way. Only through a detailed appraisal of the infant will this personalisation be accomplished. However, after stem cell treatment, it is important that the subsequent treatments be pursued religiously, for the best possible result!
Frequently Asked Questions
Intellectual deficiency is generally an impairment in overall mental capacity that affects daily life in 3 major areas:
The conceptual area – which involves vocabulary, reading, writing, arithmetic, logic, information and memory skills.
The social realm applies to the capacity to make and maintain friendships, oral coping abilities, empathy, social judgment, and related capacities.
The realistic field – which focuses on self-control in fields such as personal care, career duties, money management, leisure, and school and work organisation activities.
On the basis of professional assessment and validated intelligent examination, a diagnosis is made. To make a diagnosis of Intellectual Disability, an IQ score of 70 or below is still considered. If the IQ test can not be completed, evaluation can still be made based on the psychological image of the infant and adaptive functioning.
Q3) How early can parents seek early intervention when their baby is found to be developmentally delayed?
As soon as it is understood that, relative to most average children or siblings, the young child is developmentally deficient in comprehension and intellectual functioning, timely care and intervention will help the child achieve his or her desired stage of development.
The biochemical role of stem cells is to restore destroyed cells and to regenerate them. Cell therapy uses this purpose by directly delivering these cells in and around the affected tissue in high quantities, where they advance their self-healing and recovery. Typically, some parts of the brain, such as the frontal cortex and temporal lobe, are damaged or less functional in children with Intellectual Disabilities, which can be seen on the PET CT Scan brain. Stem cells are found at these injury sites which help enhance the functionality of these regions.