Stem cell therapy is a form of regenerative medicine designed to repair damaged cells within the body by reducing inflammation and modulating the immune system. This phenomenon makes stem cell therapy a viable treatment option for various medical conditions. Stem cell therapy in India has been used to treat various conditions like neurodisorders, orthopedic, injury-related conditions, and many more.
This therapy procedure allows the body to heal itself well enough to reduce the symptoms of the conditions for an extended period. Parkinson’s disease is amid ailment considered irrepressible formerly because individuals had to suffer a whole heap. But with the introduction of stem cell treatment in Delhi, this ailment is also deemed to be remediable. Stem cell therapy for Parkinson’s does warrant successful Parkinson’s treatment.
Overview of Parkinson’s Disease
Parkinson’s disease is a progressive disorder that affects the nervous system and the parts of the body controlled by the nerves. In the early stage of this disorder, the patient’s face may display little or no expression. The arms may not move when you walk. The individual’s speech may become slurred or soft. However, the symptoms of parkinson’s get worsen as the condition increases over time.
How can you know if you have Parkinson’s Disease?
Parkinson’s disease may cause various symptoms that vary in intensity and kind depending on the individual. Early indications of the illness may go undetected, but as the disease develops, the following symptoms may be expected:
- Loss of spontaneous motions
- Difficulty speaking
- Difficulty writing (Characterized by the inability to blink, smile, or perform standard body language practices)
- Overall mobility has slowed
- Muscle tenseness
- Shaking or tremors
Currently, many scientists are trying to find possible treatments to cure Parkinson’s disease via stem cells. Parkinson’s disease is a complex condition to heal. This condition directly affects the brain. Stem cell treatment for parkinson’s disease has excellent potential to reverse the adverse effects for the patients by stimulating growth cells.
After stem cell treatment, most patients have observed exceptional improvements in their quality of life. However, according to the doctors, the outcomes may vary based on each individual and the specifics of their condition.
Stem cells’ ability to regenerate caused researchers to use them to treat Parkinson’s disease. Although nerve cells destroyed by the disease do not spring back to life like movies might show, studies have shown that stem cells can form mature neurons vital for a healthy body.
Possible Improvements after Stem Cell Therapy in Parkinson’s Disease
- Improved Facial Expressions:Parkinson’s patients usually lack facial expressions and a smile. They have a typical poker face, including an inability to blink their eyes. Stem cell therapy for Parkinson’s has benefitted in increased facial expressions.
- Reduced Tiredness:Fatigue is a common complaint among patients. They become exhausted quickly after any strenuous activity. A typical exercise regime can drain all energy from the patients. Stem cell therapy helps in the improvement of stamina among patients. They feel more energetic.
- Reduction of Tremors:A characteristic symptom of a Parkinson’s patient is tremors and shaky limbs. Tremors can occur at a resting state too. This also affects their ability to perform simple activities like eating, swallowing food, balancing, walking, etc. Stem cell therapy helps reduce tremors by 80-90%.
- Great Changes in Mood Swings: Patients with Parkinson’s disease suffer from depression and anxiety. This is because Parkinson’s affects the brain’s pathways responsible for Dopamine production. Some of our patients observed remarkable changes in their mood swings post-therapy.
Stem cell therapy in India for Parkinson’s disease is a promising therapeutic alternative treatment, along with being a research model to learn more about Parkinson’s mechanism and progression when coupled with molecular, clinical, and imaging research data.